5.18.2008

A little of this.... A little of that

Sorry again for the lack of posting. There really hasn't been much going on around here to blog about. Hank is almost done with his T-ball. His last game is next saturday and I'm actually thankful for that, because this heat is killing me!! It's only May and it's already 90+ degrees!!! I can tell it's going to be a HOT, HOT summer!!! Please, shoot me now!!!

Jace is 11 months old today! I can't believe it. Where did the time go? I'm so sad, but it's so much fun to see him growing up and I'm excited for what the next year holds. To imagine him and Hank playing together, both running around in the yard, playing on the swing set, hearing the giggles in the gameroom knowing they are up to NO good is something I'm really looking forward to. Now, if only the kid could learn to walk, that would be great! He's so heavy to carry around I might die if I have to carry him much longer up and down these stairs! AHHHHH!!

Mothers day was a good day. My mom and grandma were here, so that was really nice to spend the weekend with them. I think this year, mothers day was extra special. I feel I have learned a lot this past year and now being able to look at my children and know I get to celebrate Mothers Day because of them, that means more to me than anything. I am so thankful for my family. In the past few months I have read stories of people I don't even know who have suffered more than I can imagine. So many people that have struggled with losing a child, not being able to get pregnant, and having premie babies, yet some how their strength and faith has opened my eyes and helped me to grow and become stronger and most importantly, strengthen my realationship with God. I'm just so incredibly grateful for all I have. I now hug my children a little tighter, kiss them more often, yell less, have more patience, cherish every moment a little more and tell them I love them a million times a day. I have finally realized the true meaning of motherhood and I'm so very blessed to have my two beautiful boys! God is so good!!!

I have seen miracles happen everyday around me as well. For every bad things I've seen, read or been a part of, two good things take it's place. I and my family have been so fortunate with all we have been given by our Lord that we praise Him daily for every bit of it. Shays business is doing great, I'm loving being at home still and our boys are thriving!! They are both so smart and just as happy and healthy as could be. We could not ask for more.

I do tho need to ask for some prayers. Please keep praying for my best friend Aimee's mom and her family. She is having brain surgery again monday, May 19. Please pray for her strength, for the dr's to have plenty of knowledge and steady hands during the surgery. Pray that her mom pulls through with minor or no side effects! Pray for her childrens strength to help her recover. Everyone in their family is pretty worn out and overwhelmed. Please keep praying for Baby Coy. Pray God will heal his eyes and continue to protect him from any infections or side effects from being a premie. Also, be praying for our families. Pray for baby Cameron to continue to grow and that Sarah keeps feeling good the rest of her pregnancy. For my moms business to continue doing so well. Pray for the Hulett side as well. Shay's mom's parents to continue to heal and adjust to al the changes happening in their lives. For Mimi to keep her strength and postive attitude so she might walk again. For Papa to be able to adjust to his new "home" and that his parkinsons does not worsen. Pray for all the children (Shay's brothers and sisters) with all the decisions they all have to make in their personal lives. For Dayna and Cory and Hollyn and all they have going on in their family and to keep them safe. For Dustin and Dede and their new marriage. For Garrett and Carly and Addy and their move to a new state and new Air Force Base in a few months. For Jodi at Baylor and her running.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. They are much appreciated and we love all of you for sharing in our lives. We are so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful people to call our friends.

♥Marissa♥

0 comments: