7.30.2007

6 weeks and life is beautiful!

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a busy few weeks lately. Anyway I don't have much time, so I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote on my other blog to make it easy for me!Not even sure where to begin!! Today, my little guy is 6 weeks old. I have no idea how it happened, but it did and a part of me is sad, but mostly I am overjoyed with all the new things happening everyday.Somewhere between giving birth and today my life changed drastically. I feel this extremely strong sense of peace and happiness everyday. I no longer feel I am in such a hurry to do everything and be everywhere. It's like somehow I woke up and can finally just take it day by day and really enjoy every second. Even more surprising to me, I don't want the day to end. I want to make everyday last as long as possible because every day that passes Hank and Jace get one day older.I always remember thinking in high school how much I couldn't wait to be a mother and wife. I always said I'd get married young... say around 24 and have my first baby by 26. HA! Man things change. I never imagined I'd have 2 kids by 24 and be married almost 4 years! But what a blessing my life is. Never in a million years did I think I'd be where I am today and I am so glad I'm not where I "thought I wanted" to be because where I am, is so much more than I could have dreamed of. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since Jace was born. It seems like just yesterday I was complaining about wanting to have him and get rid of that belly... and now he's here and life is perfect. He is growing so fast (too fast!) and changing so much everyday. He stays awake for long periods of time now and even smiles at me sometimes (of course if I wanted to show you he wouldn't do it ha). He is just such a happy baby and oh my gosh, to watch how much Hank loves him, just melts my heart. I can't (well actually I can) wait to see the two of them in about 9 months running and laughing together. Jace trying to do everything his big brother is doing... thats gonna be great!! But for now, I'm trying to sit back and enjoy everyday for what it is. Another day to be my children's mother and my husbands wife. I get to be a part of every second of their growing up, never missing a thing. Nothing brings me more happiness than knowing my children are happy, healthy and loved beyond belief. I just wanted to share with you all that our little boy is growing and changing and really turning into his own little person. He grunts (all the time!), coos, smiles and LOVES to look around. He will stare at you for hours and just examine your face. I wonder what he's thinking? ha. He LOVES to sleep on his daddy's pillow on his daddy's side of the bed and if it was up to him, he'd just kick his daddy out and take over his side all together! I truly could not have wished for a better family or life God has blessed me with. Hank is my pride and Jace is my joy. The two of them, and my wonderful husband Shay, really do complete me.


0 comments: