7.11.2007

Lessons learned.... over and over again!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written in a while. As you can imagine, I haven't had much time to do anything I need/want to do. But at least it's for a good reason! =)


Anyway... as some of you know, we are renting our house here in San Antonio. We didn't know where was a good area and where we would like to buy when we first moved, so renting was our best option.... but our landlord is now selling this house, so we have been forced to shift our moving plans in high gear. At first things were OK because he didn't put it on the market RIGHT AWAY after telling us he was selling it. He waited until beginning of June, which gave us a little more time.... and he WAY overpriced the house from the beginning, so that was good for us, but bad for him. Well now he has dropped the price TWICE (just dropped it again today) so that goes to show he's serious about getting this sold.... which in turn means we could be homeless soon! =( I'm a little worried now.... but trying to stay calm!








So anyway... we have been looking and looking for a house for months. But the market here in SA is INSANE!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! People think they can make a million dollars on their CRAP and we are NOT about to buy it! It's so crazy what people think they can get for what they have. There is just NO WAY!!! So as our search continues we have finally narrowed it down (with MUCH convincing and back and forth changing of minds lol) to a few areas we want to be in. As much as we would like to be as close to Shay's office as possible, the schools are better elsewhere and that's our first priority. So... here we are... finally decided on the areas/neighborhoods and there is NOTHING (not that we can afford anyway)! Isn't that how it always works tho? ha. You always want what you can't have! =) But yes, we have continued to look...weekly, daily.... hourly some days! And what do you know...the work paid off!!! WOO HOO! WE FOUND A HOUSE!






YAY FOR US!!! Finally a sense of relief comes over me and I feel at peace. Like maybe, just maybe, life is going to slow down and be good to us... and then reality hit. The day after we saw the house and were going to put a contract on it, I get a call from our realtor to say a couple put a contract on it late that night before. UGH!!! How cruel is that? After allllllll these months of looking, we FINALLY find something we are BOTH happy with and it gets taken out from under us! GO FIGURE! I was pretty upset about it at first, but after a few tears and a deep breath I realize it wasn't meant to be. I know there is a house out there that is meant for us and I know we'll find it at the right time, but I can't help but let my patience (or lack of) get the better of me. I'm so ready to move and be settled. I feel so "out of place" and uneasy here these days. I'm constantly having to keep this place as spotless as I can and be at other peoples beck and call when it comes to wanting to show the house. It's so aggravating. I know it has to be done, so I respect that, but it's very inconvenient for me with 2 kiddos now! yuck! I'm just really wanting to be somewhere and stay there. Have a place to really call HOME! I know it's all in good time... but could that time be now? hehe



Despite it all, once again, life is teaching me lessons I should already know. PATIENCE and TRUST. Trust in God that things will happen when the time is right. Believe that He has a plan for us and He knows what he is doing. I should know this by now!!! For me to be such an understanding, calm and (normally) patient person, house hunting sure sends all that out the window. I'm so eager to find the "perfect" first home and move I forget that sometimes, it's just not right. No matter how badly I think I need or want something, it's just not how it's supposed to be. Again, I should know this! So I have finally made myself step back and let go. Give it up and let God do his work. I can't do His job for him and I need to trust that He can do it far better than I could ever try to anyway. He has the perfect house out there waiting for us and of course, when we find it, it will all work out just the way it's supposed to. And there I'll be kicking myself for all this wasted time I spent crying, stressing and trying to do something I was never capable of doing to begin with. When will I ever learn? =)


P.S. Here are a few new pics of my "reasons for not posting lately"

0 comments: