12.19.2007

6 months has passed....



As of yesterday, my baby is 6 months old!! I can't believe it. Somedays it feels like Jace was born yesterday and then I look at him and wonder where the time went. I smile and am thankful for the last 6 months and all the changes he has made in my life, but I'm sad he's growing up so quick. I want to just freeze time and stay right here so I can just stare at him and enjoy him for a little while longer. I love him so much.... He truly is God's biggest blessing, as well as his brother!!





Speaking of, Hank will be 4 in less than a month!!! WOW.... now that makes me really want to cry. How did he get so old so fast? When did this happen and where the heck was I? I feel like I've experienced so much with him and watched him grow, but then again I feel like I've missed so much. It all just happens so quickly... like Kenny Chesney's song... Don't Blink.... it's true. You go to bed and wake up and all of a sudden my little baby is (almost) 4 years old! Man I'm getting old... lol.





Funny comparisons.... Hank was only 13 lbs at his 6 month check up and Jace is 16 lbs 12 oz and 26.5 inches long!! Can you believe my little chunk? Ha.... he's really not that big, because he's right at the 50% mark, but for me, he's a big boy!! He's so happy and healthy.... it just makes life so great to know I have two beautiful boys that I love more than anything else in this world.





If the next 6 months fly by as quick as the last, I don't know what I'm going to do. With Hank I couldn't wait to see all his firsts. First smile, first time he rolled over or sat up by himself. I wanted him to crawl and then walk so badly, and with Jace, I want him to take his sweet time!ha. Jace is rolling over and trying to sit up by himself. He can do it for a short amount of time, but he is a wiggle worm and gets way to distracted to really concentrate. It's so cute. He is LOVING baby food.... which is a HUGE change for me, because Hank HATED it... all of it! Jace doesn't miss a meal and he makes sure to let me know when it's time to eat. It's so cute! =) He knows his schedule and he wants to stick to it.... Next task.... sleeping through the night! ha.


I just wanted to share how big and wonderful my little boy is getting. He's growing up and changing so much everyday..... it's just such a blessing to watch! His big brother is so in love with him and I know the two of them in a few more months will be chasing each other around the yard and playing together non-stop. I can't wait (well in a way I can ha)!!!




1 comments:

Steph V said...

What a sweet post! I can't believe he's a 6th month old. He's so dang cute and that is so funny how different they are. It's still too soon to tell with my two. MacKenzie seems to be a much bigger water than her brother bug we'll see.

Anyways...hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!