4.15.2008

What I've learned...

Well Aimee posted this blog the other day and ended it with asking what we have learned from life. I decided I needed to respond, so I got to thinking about things I've learned...

I've learned that patience isn't something you have. It's something you learn and must work on continuously.

I've learned that bad things happen to good people and sometimes we end up thankful for those bad things.

I've learned prayers work! I always knew they did somewhere inside, but I've seen miracles happen this year and I now no longer doubt the power of prayer!!

I've learned that life will never make sense. But I've also learned to accept that.

I've learned that getting older doesn't mean something is ending, rather that it's the beginning of something better.

I've learned that good friends are the key to good bitch sessions! =)

I've learned that family is most important, NO MATTER WHAT! My family is everything to me. We may not always agree or get along, but they are the ones that will be there when you need them, without fail.

I've learned that I'm stronger than I thought I was. I know I can handle more than I want and will survive no matter how hard it might seem.

I've learned that a marriage isn't always easy. If it was how could we appreciate what we have?

I've learned that children will test you in every way possible. That's where learning patiences comes in.

I've learned that God knows all and does what He wants, even if we don't want Him to. Then again, who am I to question Him?

I've learned that my husband is my best friend and he loves me no matter what. Some might think thats odd that I didn't know this from day one, but I didn't. Partly because I didn't love myself completely, so how could I believe someone else would? But now, I know he does and I love him all the more for it.

I've learned that we all make mistakes, but it's what we do to fix them that counts. Be accountable for your mess-ups or mishaps. Shifting blame won't change anything!

I've learned compromie is very important in life. Whether with family or friends, husbands or children.... you must give a little to get a little.

I've learned strength doesn't always come from within. Sometimes others give you the strength you need to get thru. God gives me my strength in ways I never imagined.

I've learned to enjoy life. Instead of worrying about tomorrow or next week or next year, I'm enjoying everyday. Every second I have with my family is one more day I get to be with them, watch them grow and watch them change. God knows how long I will live, I don't, and I trust that He has his reasons, so until that day comes, I want to cherish every little thing about all the days I still have.

Most importantly, I've learned that I love all that I have and am very fortuante to have all that I do. I try my hardest to not complain about what I don't have, but want, and remember that I have more than most and should be thankful for that. I am happy, healthy and have a beautiful family. I'm blessed beyond belief.

I have learned much more, but off the top of my head, these things matter most to me I guess. I might keep adding as I realize or learn more over time. So you might want to check back and re-read this post from time to time.






♥Marissa♥

1 comments:

Aimee' said...

oh i love it...