6.11.2008

He loves me just the way that I am

So keeping on with the Fathers Day posts...

I love this man I married for many, many reasons. I love our understanding of each other. He gets me like no one else and I understand his ways better than anyone else ever could. That's something I love most about him.

I am female.... obviously. =) Which means I am hormonal. Sure, I blame it on the kids and pregnancies, but truth is, I was hormonal before I ever had Hank. It's just a fact of life. If you're a girl you're emotional, moody, bossy, sometimes (not that often) unreasonable, and mostly, CONFUSING! Shay gets it. Well, kind of. Actually, not really, but he lets me be me. He allows me to cry over a commercial (no, I'm NOT pregnant) or get mad over something I have no control over. He allows me to just feel what I feel and he doesn't question it. Most of the time, he just lets me be and deal with it all in my own way. He respects that about me. I like to handle things on my own. I'm stubborn so leaning on someone else when things are tough isn't really my nature, but he's there when I want him to be and knows when to back off. I love that he just lets me be who I am and accepts me that way.

Not only does he let me the crazy woman I am, he also allows me to be the easy going laid back mom I want to be. Sure we disipline our children, but we are very blessed.... we truly have GOOD kids. I'm not one for spanking. I never grew up being spanked. I (PERSONALLY) don't see the purpose in it, but then again, like I said, 99% of the time, our kiddos are good, so there is no need for that. Let me clear things up, I'm not saying I've never felt that urge to pop Hanks backside, because I have and I've done it, but it got me no where and I have faith in talking things out. Sure, that won't work with all kids, so spank away if it works with your kiddos. Mine, ha.... it backfires.

Shay is so understanding (well as understanding as a male can be haha) and forgiving and like myself, lets a lot of things just roll off his back. I think thats how we manage to get along so well. We don't fight. I know, sounds weird, but truthfully, we really hardly ever get in a "knock down drag out fight." Sure we argue, but thats even few and far between. I'm not sure if thats a good of bad thing. I learned long ago to pick my battles and from then on, I've been such a passive person, it takes an AWFUL lot to piss me off. But when I do get mad, you'll know. I can hold my own, but it has to be WORTH it. Why waste my energy on something that won't matter tomorrow? No need to throw away a good moment for a bad second. In my eyes, I want nothing but positive energy in my world.... so I do everything I can to make that happen. And Shay, he gets that. He knows I'm not a fighter. He knows what pushes my buttons and he respects me enough not to push them (at least knowingly!) I love him for that. I love him for letting me be the person I am and allowing me to continue to grow. He has NEVER tried to change me or ask me to be anything other than what I am. He loves me just the way I am, post baby body and all! Who wouldn't love someone that tells them they see them just the way they did 6 years ago when they were 20 lbs lighter? Now if only I could copy his eyes and make glasses out of them for me to wear, I'd probably love looking at myself naked in the mirror. =)

My Baby Loves Me -- Martina McBride

Dont need no copy of vogue magazine
Dont need to dress like no
Beauty queen
High heels or sneakers, he dont
Give a damn
My baby loves me just the way that I am
My baby loves me just the way that I am

He never tells me Im not good enough
Just give me unconditional love
He loves me tender and he loves me mad
He loves me silly and he loves me sad

He thinks Im pretty, he thinks Im smart
He likes my nerve and he loves my heart
Hes always sayin hes my biggest fan
My baby loves me just the way that I am
My baby loves me just the way that I am

And when theres dark clouds in my eyes
He just sits back and lets em roll on by
I come in like a lion go out like a lamb
My baby loves me just the way I am
My baby loves me just the way I am

He thinks Im pretty, he thinks Im smart
He likes my nerve and he loves my heart
Dont see no reason to change my plan
My baby loves me just the way I am
My baby loves me just the way I am



♥Marissa♥

0 comments: